Every time a new year rolls in, millions of people around the globe make their New Year’s resolutions, especially in the United States and Europe. However, many give up on their resolutions within the first week. And past studies and surveys show that about 80% of resolution creators will have abandoned their dreams and good intentions by the end of February.
2023 seems to be the year of health resolutions — physical health, mental health, and financial goals are at the top of the list. It’s a good development that people are paying more attention to their health and well-being, as without health, we aren’t going anywhere.
I have never been much for New Year’s goal setting. I’m more in the camp with my friend and colleague, Aaron Force, who suggests we replace New Year’s resolutions with a specific focus for the year. He gives examples of what a special focus could be:
- To be a better listener
- To find gratitude in all things
- To offer love no matter the circumstance
Now, I’m going to be bold enough to suggest a special focus for you if you don’t have one.
- How about focusing on Who You Are Being — Your Future SELF?
Why would I suggest that?
Because most of us don’t spend much time reflecting on our beingness. We are too occupied with creating external goals, wanting to have this and have that, and do this and do that. But in reality, our beingness is the foundation and underpinning of all our havingness and doingness. We manifest from our BEING.
Some time back, I wrote the article, “The Be, Do, Have Principle: Correcting the Creative Process of the Universe,” about my discovery of my backward thinking. You can find the article HERE.
To successfully surf the peaks and valleys of the stormy sea representing the turbulence, uncertainty, and unknowns of our changing world, we must be present and cultivate our beingness. That’s the only place where we will find the peace, calm, and creative spark needed to create a future that makes all our goals and resolutions manifest.
You may like to ask yourself questions like:
- Who do I want to be as a leader?
- Who do I want to be in my career?
- Who do you want to be as a visionary?
- Who do you want to be as an entrepreneur?
- Who do you want to be as a partner?
- Who do you want to be as a parent?
- Who do you want to be as a son, a daughter, a brother, or a sister?
- Who do you want to be as a friend?
- Who do you want to be as a human?
- Who do you want to be as a citizen of the world?
You can go on and feel into your limitless potential of who you truly want to BE.
Cheering you on in your BEINENESS in 2023!
You may also be interested in the following:
- ASK THESE 3 QUESTIONS TO UPDATE YOUR IDENTITY
- YOUR ROLE IN THE EVOLVING STORY OF HUMANITY
- CROSSING THE BRIDGE TO YOUR NEXT CHAPTER
Connect with Rúna:
- Website: www.TruePowerInstitute.com
- Twitter: @RunaBouius
- Facebook: Runa Bouius/TruePowerInstitute
- LinkedIn: Runa Bouius
- Instagram: Runa Bouius
Rúna Bouius is a former CEO and serial entrepreneur from Iceland and the founder of the True Power Institute. She is a speaker, author, conscious leadership and well-being facilitator, and advisor and executive coach to visionary leaders, entrepreneurs, and successful professionals. She is on the vanguard of the new-business paradigm thinking, creating better workplaces, and developing emerging leaders. Rúna specializes in facilitating conscious leadership, promoting emerging leadership trends, and evolving leaders’ relationships to power — TRUE Power!
Share this post: